1. Well, it is official. I love using baking soda on my hair. It is getting softer and shinier every day. Those close enough to notice have commented on the drastic change in texture and appearance. I am very pleased! Thumbs up for performance and "cheapness".
2. The grow bags were easily made by splitting a heavy black garbage bag down the center, taping the cut side together with duct tape and then stuffing with compost and taping it shut. The lettuce and pumpkins are happily living in their new bags (as well as a few worms from the worm bin!). Smart Jen also thought of just taping shut some bags full of leaves that I "stole" from neighbor. These large grow bags will by used to host my pumpkin patch and some flowers.
3. I have changed my yogurt making a little. To cut a few hours off the process and to make sure the milk is the right temperature, I now pour the milk into the crock pot and put it on high. I come and check it in about an hour and keep checking until the milk reaches 100 degrees or so. Then I add my culture and cover for at least 10 hours. Then I drain like normal. I have learned to put the crock pot somewhere it will not be bumped and not to open it during that 10 hours. It is very important that it stays still. I have also learned to dish some yogurt into a separate container to be used as the next culture. That way I do not mistakenly eat my last little bit and I also do not risk contamination that might come from frequently opening.
Happy Living!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I may try the "shampoo". My hair is going crazy.
You also have me all excited about growing some more veggies and herbs this year!!! Yay! It feels so good to go pick something from your own yard for dinner :)
your hair does look awesome. i'm going to try it too!
Post a Comment