Thursday, January 15, 2009

Homemakers university

Back when marriage was still very new to me and I was daily begging God to somehow transform me into a wife, a sweet friend organized something called Homemakers University. Basically, a group of women would get together and have a blast chatting, snacking, and learning.

I am thinking about trying to get this started again. What do you think? There are several things I have thought about as subjects:

Making Bread
Making Pasta
Making Yogurt in a Crockpot
Organizing
Cleaning
Sewing fun projects
Cake Decorating
Party Planning

And on and on...

12 comments:

Missy said...

That makes me happy!
I have thought about that a lot too and I think it would be WONDERFUL to start again. We're all at a different place than we where 7 and 8 years ago.
I love your topics, and you can count me in!!!

Missy said...

Oh, P.S. I think it was called Housewife Univeristy ;)

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun. I'd love to do it!

Becky

Ronda said...

Sounds like fun to me too! I learn something new every time I'm with you and I'm sure I could learn a lot from this kind of schooling. Let me know when class starts! :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun to me.

care-in said...

That is a great idea!

Shannon said...

i'd do it :)

Anonymous said...

you know i'm in.

i'll bring a can of bean dip for us to munch on while we learn.

mmm...bean dip.

~cleatus

Tanya said...

I'm in! This sounds like so much fun!

Tanya said...

I'm in! This sounds like so much fun!

-C said...

You'll do an online video stream, right? ;) Sounds great ... I think this is such a good thing for all women of every season. We don't share and exchange skills enough.

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

okay so i would be in.. but don't think im up for making pasta.. but you got me in the bread class for sure!