Monday, January 5, 2009

Forgetful People

I've noticed that I can no longer pick up the house while I am on the phone. In fact, I have to be very watchful that I am not trying to put anything away while talking on the phone. The reason: things disappear when I do this. I will put the keys in the cabinet, the milk in the pantry, and my socks with Tim's shirts. It is really bad.

All that to point out that I am easily distracted and terribly forgetful. I have trouble with birthdays and names, I forget conversations and many other things. This would have me discouraged, but I can't remember that I am forgetful!

Thanks be to God that He understands our forgetfulness. He has been making provision for it from the beginning of time. Genesis tells us that He set aside a day of rest that serves as a reminder of His creating of the universe and our need for relaxing. He gave the Isrealites feasts that spell out every aspect of redemption from beginning to end so that every year they would be reminded of God's work in the past and the anticipation of His work in the future.

I am really looking forward to learning more about this aspect of God and putting some "stones of remembrance" in our daily lives.

I will try to let you know how it goes....if I remember!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

you are so funny and thoughtful. if you were able to remember things you'd be TOO sweet! :-)

Unknown said...

Hey, did you buy the feast book for homeschoolers? I am ordering it on line because I really want to learn more and teach them to the boys. I would love to do some of the stuff with other families.