Well, advent is over. I really enjoyed the reading time this year. The boys were finally old enough to read for us and yet they still got such a thrill from hunting for the ornaments on the tree. In some ways this is such a sweet age.
We do not have family devotions on a regular basis. The boys and I do Bible during school, but I have really enjoyed having Tim with us during our time in the Word. I have been pondering where to go from here. How can I use this same concept to focus our attention on other parts of the Eternal Story of redemption.
First, on New Year's Day I would love for us to take time to read the story of Simeon and Anna. Luke 2:21-38 These wonderful servants of the Lord found favor in God's eyes and He allowed them to live long enough to proclaim the Messiah. Simeon speaks wonderful words of proclamation over the child and Anna goes out and tells everyone about seeing the Messiah in the flesh. How cool! What a reminder for us to live our lives proclaiming the risen Lord.
Second, I think that I am going to come up with a set of figures to walk us through a Bible study leading up to Easter. I know that the Catholic faith recognizes several days before Easter and I would love to reclaim this most special of all holidays. It really gets lost in the shuffle for us. I am thinking of adding family communion and foot washing, watching The Passion movie, and attending a sunrise service as some of the elements. I would love any input.
So, blessings on all of you at the end of this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You never cease to inspire and movtivate me.
Happy 2009! I'd love to get together with you this year :)
Post a Comment