
Thank you so much for the prayers. The weekend was a wonderful time to renew our friendship, strengthen our marriage, and prepare for the years ahead. We had time to play, talk, laugh, cry and all around enjoy each other.
A really fun bonus was my brother's jeep that he allowed us to take up and enjoy. I needed to drive it up, as Tim was already in Chattanooga. The problem is that I have never been able to drive a stick shift. My sweet brother decided I could do it and he would teach me. So I secretly went to my brother's to learn. After a few jerky trips up and down his dirt road, he threw me out onto Hwy 280. I am just stubborn enough to take on any foolish dare and off I went. After 2 hours in stop and go traffic on the hills of 280 I was sweating so hard it was running down my back and off my legs!
I knew that Tim would love to have the Jeep (a dream of his), so on Friday I loaded up and headed out. I only stopped at a rest stop once (to call Tim) and then I wouldn't stop again because I was afraid I would never be able to start again. Needless to say I was worn slap out when I arrived! But Tim was thrilled and really touched. I never drove it again. I don't know if I even could.
We are home and both were hit hard with responsibilities this morning. I am so thankful for the sweet moments of the weekend.
One especially sweet time was Saturday night as we sat in the rocking chairs and talked about our marriage. It was a great look at what was, what is, and what may be. We are in such a transitional time of life. We are no longer young, but not yet mature. Our kids are no longer babies, but are not quite teens. Our daily activities are far more separate than they used to be, yet we have not yet found a way to purposefully stay connected. We left that conversation with a commitment to pray for wisdom as we build this next season of our marriage.
One thing I know for sure is that in any area of life if you ask for wisdom God will freely and graciously give it. It was my desperate, sweaty prayer on Hwy 280 and it will be just as desperate as I cry out for my marriage.
5 comments:
Love you SO much, sweet friend! I'm overjoyed that it was a perfect trip.
Can't wait to see/talk to you soon!
glad you're back!
i love this post! I can drive a stick but I can't - I'm sure you know what I mean. Also, I loved the way you packaged your marriage, and I especially love your confidence in God.
I love this post too... You really challenge me to put more prayer into my marriage.
So glad ya'll had a nice time.
Oh, and I LOVE Chattanooga. What a great place!
Chattanooga seems like a cool place to get away. So glad you guys were able enjoy your week-end. I Praise the Lord for your example as a loving & Godly wife.
Glad to hear that ya'll had fun! Aslo thanks for you prayers and support.
Post a Comment