Last night we were talking as a family about the disintegration of morals in America. E made the comment that he was glad God had sent the rainbow and promised to never flood the earth again. I agree with his thought pattern. There is really no difference between the days of Noah and today. We deserve a flood.
The Word tells us that the last days will be like the days of Noah. Wickedness will be rampant and the Holy Spirit will be moving mightily. There will be a magnificent struggle as Satan knows his days are coming to an end.
As I read Revelation, I tremble at the imagery of evil and torment. As I read the news I feel the same way. Is it possible that our days are numbered? Is God fed up with Satan's evil schemes and is He mounting His white horse to come and vanquish sin?
We know that every day brings us closer to His return.
In these last days we will become increasingly strange as we stand for Christ. Our faith will no longer be popular or accepted. We will move from being quaint oddballs to a dangerous convicting force. The days are coming when we will face the persecution that is happening all over the world.
We need to pull the body of Christ together. We are told that when we fight among ourselves, Satan has deceived us. It is not harmless to gossip and backbite. It is not OK to grumble and complain. It is not right to make fun of different worship styles. It is not acceptable to turn our noses up in pride over theological differences. Now is the time for the body to bind together as a family. As much as siblings disagree and struggle through their differences, yet defend each other with a fierce pride, we need to come together defend each other. We need to stand close and present a unified front.
I know this issue is a touchy one, but it is time to stop the infighting. I don't understand or agree with all denominations, in fact I don't even like mine. We are all wrong in some ways and right in some. We need to learn to search the heart and actions for signs of true faith and not search for denominational affiliation. With those TRUE brothers and sisters we need to stand shoulder to shoulder with our shields of faith raised to protect the body.
Satan is destroying the American church. The Bible gives us a glimpse into his schemes. Outward persecution works to a degree, yet has proven historically to cause a deepening of faith. Inward fighting and bickering tears at the soul of the Body and has led many a person into bitter retreat from the church and God.
Please, let's stop being deceived. Let's learn to control our tongues. Let's try to love each other and present a united front.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment