Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday Morning

E is doing well. His fingers are not a swollen, but still tend to puff up more than I thought they would. He was supposed to be allowed to start getting up and playing quietly Saturday morning. We tried that by letting him come outside while we worked in the yard. In a five minute period he had "threatened" to fall by pulling against a rope trying to pull it out of a tree and ran down a hill that was slippery with mud and then on the way back in jumped over a large tree limb. We realized that he just has absolutely no concept of what might make him fall. We are having to watch him very closely when he is up. We mostly are confining him to his chair to watch movies. It is somewhat boring for him, but we know it will keep our sweet klutz from falling. A fall on the arm could mean another displacement and every time the doctor has to reset it the chances go down for it to heal. One more bright spot has been the Webkinz that was delivered by a sweet friend yesterday. The computer seems to be a safe spot and he has loved it.

Thank you again for all the prayers and support. What an amazing time of support and love. It has blessed me in so many ways.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I haven't been over to visit for awhile. It took me a little bit to get caught up. I'm so sorry to hear about E's break and the suffering that has ensued for you all.
I'm touched by your candor and honesty while wrestling with the tough issues of life. God has gifted you with a tremendous gift of writing.
Suffering, injustice, persecution... these are all things I too grapple with on a daily basis. So I pray. I pray for those who are hurting, persecuted, abused, being treated injustly. Sometimes I find myself so angry at the world, angry at sin and the results of the fall. I don't think I get angry at God anymore, but then I haven't been put to the test of late. What comes to my mind after all these years is this, life is hard, God is good, I will rejoice. So many times in my life I've had to trust His heart because I couldn't see His hand. Along with that comes the ultimate confrontation... my will vs. His will. I've learned, as you are, it is better to seek His face in the trials of life rather than curse Him and turn my back.
I'm praying for you all at this time.
(I'm Missy's Mom.)