Just a few words to move this blog on to a new spot. I am tired of the flowers!
I have not really had a lot to share lately.
To be honest, in many ways my life has been spectacularly mediocre. I don't mean the sweet family around me or the blessings God lavishes on me continually, just in my heart. I have been neither very obedient or very rebellious. I have been just ugly enough to feel conviction, yet not bad enough that anyone calls me out. I feel the weight of my sins of complacency and pride wrapped around my shoulders, yet I lack the conviction to scour them off and walk in freedom. I lack the muscle to be very good and enjoy the blessings, or very bad and enjoy the honesty. I find myself being sneaky in my disobedience. Finding ways to be barely bad.
Really, how horrid is all that.
I have to almost admire ones with the strength to let it all hang out and be very, very good or very, very bad. I just hide. I feel condescending when I am very good and guilty when I am very bad.
Of course, it is the Truth that I need. Lukewarm is disgusting to everyone. I need to pick a side of the fence and stop straddling!
Thanks for listening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I always appreciate your honesty.
Girl, preaching the gospel to yourself sometimes means being so brutally honest about the way your humanity reveals itself that it disgusts you. I'm glad you put that on your blog, because we can preach the gospel to you!
Love you, daughter of Christ and sister of mine in this hard world...
thanks for sharing.. im just so glad to "hear" from you again.
I think the walking in freedom will be much more enjoyable. ;-)
Post a Comment