It aways makes me laugh a little when I realize I am being manipulated by the boys. All of the sudden I will see a look in their eyes or catch on to the funny way they are talking and I will know that they are trying to move me in some direction. Children are really very good at this from a early age. They know how to use the power they have over our hearts to move us toward their goal.
When I reveal the boys' tactics they get a sheepish grin and admit what it is they are trying to achieve. Most of the time it is something I would have gladly given them if they had just asked. I laugh with them about all the effort and planning they were wasting trying to be sneaky. I am trying to teach them to be open and honest with their intentions.
It strikes me that I am the same with God. When I see a dark cloud looming, or there is something that I want or need, I am quick to begin scheming. I want to figure the problem out. I want to find a plan of action. I try to manipulate my circumstances and God into making things go my way.
But God tells me to just ask, to open the lines of communication. He wants me to stop planning and walking according to my own understanding. He longs for me to rest in His arms.
I long for prayer to become my strongest and most trusted weapon as I sit and wait on Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
when we gonna hang out?
love you.
Good point...Thanks for the reminder. :)
Excellent post! I love how you are already training up these tender warriors to be open and honest with their intentions. Manipulation is learned in the cradle - "if I cry, someone will pick me up".
A humble heart keeps those lines open between me and God.
Just think of all the problems in this world that could be avoided if we trained up our children to be open and honest with their intentions, to walk humbly with their God.
Keep storming the gates while you wait!
Post a Comment