Fashion is not my strong point. In an attempt to catch attention, I have created some horrible mistakes. Looking back, I can see the attempt I made probably had the opposite effect. I can only imagine that many an eye has looked the other way just to get some visual relief.
I have done the same with God. Seeking to catch His eye, I have puffed up, strutted around in my "spiritual" accomplishments, highlighted my work for Him, and draped sacrifices around my neck like necklaces.
Then I read Isaiah 66:2. "But to this one I will look, To him who is humble and contrite of spirit, and who trembles at My word."
To dress up and catch God's eye I need to put on a deep respect for God, wrap up in a clear understanding and acceptance of my broken down spirit, and add the perfume of humility.
Works every time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Thanks for creating such an encouraging blog spot!
You are the October winner of the Grace & Peace Award! Go to my blog to read more about it (click on the award link on the sidebar), and then email me to get the http code for your site.
You were nominated by Alli.
Congratulations!
very encouraging..but can i still secretly wish that Clinton and Stacy from What Not to Wear would come to my house and redo my wardrobe??
This made me laugh out loud as I envisioned some innocent by-standers falling victim to your horrible outfit, and looking away for some "visual relief"! Oh, that made me laugh...that was funny, girl.
Good post.
yay...You got the Grace and Peace award!!
i love you!
HEY!
Yeah, things are going a whole lot better in me now...so happy about that!
If He ever lets you in on any details...please, feel free to share with me. hahaha!
Congratulations on the Grace and Peace Award! =D
Great post, great site!
congrats! It's so funny..we never get to talk in person but I feel I know so much about you from reading your blog. I think it's kind of scary that so many of us keep tabs on the same sites in this big huge cyberworld...maybe kindred spirits tend to find each other out there, I guess!
Post a Comment