Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Tickled

This is the process of creating a My Back Porch blog...

Something in life happens that triggers a thought
I get very excited about writing
I plan what I will say and how clever I will be
I go to write it and feel a little unsure
I think about the subject some more
I finally get excited enough to post!!
I watch neurotically to see how the post is received
Doubts start to creep in
I question my openness
I regret the post
I regret having a blog
I swear I will take a break from blogs not look at them, this is too much stress
I almost check, but I remember I am mad at my blogging self
Like a addict I can not keep myself from checking
People have responded and no one has eaten me alive
I did it I lived to post another day....

Sorry, I just had to laugh at my sorry, insecure, addicted self.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, I am so glad you blog. No need to feel insecure here. I really like your blog. I don't always comment though, and now that I know you are checking for them I feel a little bad about that. hee hee sorry.

Graced said...

Yea, I really was just fishing for comments....

Really though, it makes me laugh how much it means to me to be connected with all of you.

Kim said...

I love reading about when someone else is neurotic. It makes me breathe easier. Really, I almost go through the same process- especially if it is about something serious. I don't care about the funny stuff so much. It's just fluff. It's easy to write about and it makes me in a better mood. Don't stop! I'm enjoying thoroughly getting to know old friends in new ways. Really, who are you gonna talk about this stuff to? US! BLOG BUDDIES...

alli said...

gosh, I love you so much! Seriously. I really do.

Abbey said...

I love your blog too. I don't comment often, but I always read. So many blogs...so little time! But it's always fun to read other posts. I would be sad if you didn't blog. Hopefully your addiction will hold you to it. ;)

Amy said...

That was absolutely precious. I wish I could hug you!

Jennifer said...

Silly, sweet girl. You're loved unconditionally, remember?

Anonymous said...

Well, I think you just expressed how just about everyone feels! It's that whole acceptance thing--we all long to be accepted. Me, too! I completely identify!!

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

i agreed with you 100%. Im that way.. normally because something i say is probably going to offend someone. but you.. you have great insights that are easily accepted. please blog as often as you think to.