Friday, July 20, 2007

Too funny


I would love for someone to explain to me how I gave birth to a Southern Baptist Pastor. E came in from the workshop with this pulpit that he had made without any help or input at all. He then proceeded to set it up in the den and put on a suit and a tie. He invited the family to his services and opened his Bible and read Numbers 10:2 to us and explained that this had been his favorite verse and explain how we should all share with our friends about God. He then passed an offering plate he had with him and asked if we all had put something in, because as he said, "it is good to give to God. There are two roads to God, one is narrow and one is wide." The he had a song and a prayer and asked his assistant Pastor M come up and share. We then closed with an alter call and a prayer for our friend with a broken arm.

T and I had tears streaming down our face. It was too cute! It is especially funny because T and I are not great fans of the traditional church service, yet somehow E has totally caught all the ins and outs of running a small, southern, church service. I wish you could have all been in my living room last night!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness. I would've had a hard time trying to be composed. That is so precious and endearing and totally E. I love that boy of yours.

Anonymous said...

Wow - they never cease to amaze me! What a sweet boy you have. Wish I could have been there.

Abbey said...

That's so funny. I love that he put on a suit. I haven't been under a pastor in a suit & tie in years! His little posium is reallt good too! He's creative and brave!

Michelle said...

Ya know he is one special little man!! He is really precious. I wish I was there too.

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

that is awesome.. be sure to write that one down somewhere, that way you won't be suprised when the Lord calls him into ministry. You can look back and see how the Lord gave him that heart early on. That really is awesome. I probably would have been bawling.

alli said...

Well, the lighting is real weird in your chicken photo. I love the photo, but I don' know how to make it look cool, ya know?

btw...what kind of paper am I suppose to bring Friday?

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dollar General said...

Our church will be looking for a pastor soon! He's a perfect candidate! It's a GREAT starter church! So sweet! Jason made a pulpit once when he was little too! It's one of my favorite stories he tells! You never know!!