Thursday, July 19, 2007

More from Captivating

A woman wants to be romanced.
"...don't you see you want this? To be desired, to be pursued by one who loves you, to be someone's priority? Most of our addictions as women flare up when we feel that we are not loved or sought after. At some core place, maybe deep within, perhaps hidden or buried in her heart, every woman wants to be seen, wanted, and pursued. We want to be romanced."

A woman wants an irreplaceable role in a great adventure.
"There is something fierce in the heart of a woman. Simply insult her children, her man, or her best friend and you'll get a taste of it. A woman is a warrior too. But she is meant to be a warrior in a uniquely feminine way. Sometime before the sorrows of life did their best to kill it in us, most young women wanted to be a part of something grand, something important. Before doubt and accusation take hold, most little girls sense that they have a vital role to play; they want to believe there is something in them that is needed and needed desperately."

3 comments:

-C said...

Thanks for posting excerpts. I've been interested in this book, but have gotten mixed reviews from friends. I think I need to officially put it on my book to read list.

Todd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abbey said...

This is really one of the best books I've ever read. Our church did a class on it when we first joined there and it was very much life changing for me. Every once in a while I'll just pick it up and read something out of it. I loved it.