From Captivating by Staci Eldridge
"I know I am not alone in this nagging sense of failing to measure up, a feeling of not being good enough as a woman. Every woman I've ever met feels it--something deeper than just a sense of failing at what she does. An underlying, gut feeling of failing at who she is. I am not enough, and, I am too much at the same time. Not pretty enough, not thin enough, not kind enough, not gracious enough, not disciplined enough. But too emotional, too needy, too sensitive, too strong, too opinionated, too messy. The result is Shame, the universal companion of women. It haunts us, nipping at our heels, feeling on our deepest fear that we will end up abandoned and alone."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I loved this book. She has a second part that looks really good too. I haven't read it yet but, I flipped through it at the bookstore. That paragraph is right on isn't it?
Yep. Right on the money, girls.
Huh. I don't have a clue what y'all are talking about.
I really need to re-read this book. That paragraph made me cry. Its so true. Oh that I could accept more grace.
that last comment was me..but apparently in my husbands name
Post a Comment