Wednesday, June 20, 2007
No Instant Gratification Here
I was thinking today about how long it has taken me to settle into being a stay at home mom. I wish that I could say that I embraced it as a blessing and woke every morning praising God for His provision of letting me stay at home. Instead I struggled with wanting to "be" someone. I wanted recognition, praise, and even a little spending money. Instead I had less money, was attacked by people who felt threatened by my choices, and lived full of guilt. It was really hard to keep going. But today I realized that I am starting to settle into the life God has given me. Man, I am one slow learner! I no longer am furious when T gets to walk out of the door in the morning. I don't long for the organized atmosphere of an office or long to be challenged mentally (getting children through the day is all the challenge I need!) I guess I have realized that while parenting does not provide instant gratification, the results can be stunning. As the boys are getting older I am overwhelmed by the fruit I see in their lives. I now understand that God really did know what He was doing when He led me down this path. I hope I continue to learn to settle into my life and stop trying to live everyone else's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Quick! If a fight were to break out between Gidget (Sally Field) and Patty Duke...who would win?! My money's goin' on Gidget...
Gidget, she was secretly very mean and caty underneath!
I've never struggled with wanting to be out in the world working, but I do struggle with contentment with being at home with little ones all day. I also struggle with wanting more money, but I just want matt to bring it home! The battle is ongoing for me, but no matter how far off I get into sinful thinking, Jesus always brings me back and settles me. It's the place He created me to be in. I just want to fight Him on it sometimes!
Post a Comment