This past weekend was a really big one for us. I have now been married for ten years. I still remember starting college and meeting the Foote's and thinking that there marriage of one year was amazingly long. And yet, here I am with ten years of marriage under my belt.
To celebrate we packed the boys off to my mothers and then we spent two days holed up in the house watching movies and eating out as much as we wanted. My sweet husband bought me a beautiful diamond necklace, made me a CD of all of "our" songs, and gave me an absolutely huge candle to represent my unending patience. (Which I think was a bit generous, since patience isn't a particular gift of mine!)
I can't really put into words all that this meant to me. There is so much meaning behind each of his gifts and the tenderness that they represent. I can not believe where God has brought us in our relationship. We are neverendingly blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Congrats!
Yay for ya'll! Matt & I have 2 months to go to get to 10.
Gosh I hope we make it!
I know it's rough Abbey, but hang in there!
I had forgotten that we almost share an anniversary. Isn't it amazing to see God's hand in forming our families!
wow.. that is awesome you guys. Congrats on 10 years. Its so sweet to see people that are truly happy in their marriage. what a great testimony. Loved the candle gift, that was very thoughtful. And I love candles. Speaking of the Foote's anyone know where they are and how they are doing?? And rebecca i remember that I roomed with sarah shortly after you guys got engaged. Yep, fall of 96, right?
Rachel, the Footes are doing great! They have four kids now and live in La. We got to see them last week at Danny's parents when they came to AL. They leave in June for the mission field. It's been a long time coming raising that support, but they're finally ready to go!!
R- it is awesome. God has really brought Matt & me through some tough, some interesting, some amazing and some sweet times together. He has to be fighting for us, or else I'm sure we would have thrown in the towel by now if it weren't for HIm!
Hey - I just saw on -c's site that you do angel food. Where do y'all go to pick it up?
I'M SOOOOO EXCITED ABOUT NEXT SATURDAY!!!!
how sweet, thoughtful, and encouraging...:)
woohoo, congrats on 10 years! And thanks for the get well wishes :)
YAY!!! Congradulations. You guys are both great! That was very sweet! loved it.
Post a Comment