The boys have been enjoying the beautiful days and we are having fun and more and more things open for the summer. Then, bang, they are already coming in after only a few minutes outside saying, "it's too hot!" What! How can it be too hot. I mean, didn't we just start enjoying the outside?
I love for the boys to be outside. I find that boys are far more enjoyable in big, open, indestructible places. I shoo them outside all I can. But, alas, they are already stumbling back in during the middle of the day.
I guess this is just telling me it is time to gear up for more school. We school year round. That way when the weather is beautiful we can spend time playing outside. We go on field trips, explore and play endless games of "let's pretend." As the weather gets less hospitable and the boys are coming inside with the dreaded "I'm bored" I can sit them down with books, worksheets and science experiments. It really works well for us, but has taken a lot of getting used by my very "public school" fall to summer scheduled mind. In my mind, summer is still my vacation. Oh well. I guess after 10 years I should understand that mothers don't get a vacation anyway.
2 comments:
WE DON'T !!!?? I was just about to put in for my vacation. I figure since I never take my sick leave I am entitled right? Just joking...kinda...naaa, I'm serious.
Alright, let me in on the secret...what is this "vacation" thing you guys are talking about? I want to know what it is and where I can get one. ;)
Post a Comment