Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A Prayer

Lord,

I come before you as a humble child. I am helpless with out you. I believe that you will care for me and provide the best for me. I believe that you will guide me on the right path and nurture me as my tender father. I submit to your discipline and desire the perfection of my faith.

I come before you as a slave. I freely give up my agenda to follow your plans for my day. I put aside my feelings of embarrassment and fear in order to follow you in obedience. I do not demand to understand what you are doing or insist on agreeing that your command is a good idea before I step out. I embrace the deep neediness of poverty in my life that draws me into the shelter of your wings.

I come before you as a bride. I acknowledge that you find me irresistible and you are pursuing a deep intimacy with me. When I release everything I have, You pour out the power of heaven on me until my cup is overflowing. I long for the day that we are joined together for eternity and I ask for you to come quickly.

Surround me with your hands that I may know the unlimited freedom of complete surrender.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister...
It's amazing to hear of God working in other's hearts in such a similar way. None of us are alone in this tug of war for our soul. If we could just get into our hearts and heads God's love and perspective (which seems to be impossible to fully grasp,but we can grow little by little in understanding), things would fall into place a little easier.

Abbey said...

Sounds like God is really drawing you in. That's cool, girl! Thanks for sharing.