It amazes me that God won't just perfect us the minute we become Christians. (Which He doesn't, no matter how much some Christians like to pretend that He does!) But yet again God has taken the time to point His finger at a place in my life and say..."Hey, let's tear this out and fix it!" Which always sounds good until the tearing out part happens.
This time He has decided to totally challange the way that I do everything. It has become obvious to me that I look first to others and then to God. Instead of asking and following God's will for my day, I look around and see what I could do that looks godly and seems like it would help others and please Him. I am learning that God is not nearly as impressed with the good, as He is with the perfect. I am still very confused about exactly where the problem lies and what the correct way to live would be. It seems easy until I try to live every moment in His will (the problem being of course that He does not speak audibly and I am too stubborn to hear the still, quiet voice).
So right now I am left knowing there is a real problem and waiting to see how He will fix it. I feel like the lamb that kept running away, so the shephard broke it's leg to keep it safe. The shephard is carrying me until I heal, and I am waiting to see how I will be different when He is done.
One thing I am very sure of is that I am tired of doing it my way. Lately the burden has been heavy and definitely not easy. I guess that is a clear indication that I have wondered off into my own way because He promises that His load is easy and His burden is light. I am very ready to start carrying only His load!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That second sentence made me laugh. The rest just made me sad? if that's the right feeling. I just can't wait to be in Heaven where there is no more struggle of any kind.
This reminds me of a character in one of the Narnia books. Have you read the Narnia books? The kid I'm thinking of is Eustace. His story breaks every bit of my heart.
You know which one I'm talking about?
Whew! I'm thinking that after our conversation today that I need to read it again.
I haven't read all the Narnia books yet. I guess I missed that one. I did not mean to make everyone sad. For the first time is a long time I am feeling more free and light. Sorry it came out negative.
Yeah, sad was really not the right word. I guess I'm just feeling for ya. It is always good when God is doing something, but hardly ever easy on our flesh...so it makes for some serious exhaustion sometimes.
I SERIOUSLY can't wait to talk to you again.
Hey - I'm not sad at all. That story of Eustace is AMAZING, and your blog was real and sincere. You know I love that kindof stuff.
I am feeling quite free and exhausted right now too.
It's interesting that my wife gets to talk with all the cool people...yes I know I get to talk to the coolest each day(alli). What up Beck? or is it Bec? Hmmmm maybe Rebecca? Do you care?
How is Tim? Long time no see you guys...I really wish one day that you, Tim, Alli and me could get together and just visit. Perhaps this summer we can invite you guys over and cook out. Let the kids play in the yard while we fight bugs, heat and bad jokes....
Later,
This is a blog I really needed to read. Especially the "lamb who kept running away, so the shepherd broke his leg to keep him safe" part. I forget to think of that sometimes.
Great blog...thanks!
This entry really does fit what has also been going on with my in my walk lately...really intensely in January and February, but now just in bits and pieces here and there. It does feel like mourning sometimes, and at others you just get totally p.o.ed at yourself..but God is good and just completing that good work that is each of our lives, which is comforting. Thanks for sharing, you're not alone!
Post a Comment