Friday, March 30, 2007

Declaring a "No" week

After reading Alli's blog I am feeling quite strong in my no-ness. I am going downstairs and penciling in a few "no" weeks on my calendar. These will be weeks where I don't plan anything added and the answer to all questions asked that week (for upcoming events) will be no.

I am learning how to prune down my busyness on purpose and with a vengence. I am setting my face like flint. I will not be so busy that I miss the Life God has written out for me. One day I will have to stand before a Holy God and give an account for the way I spent my time. I do not want to see how much busyness stole from me at that time.

Please see Alli's blog for some great ways to say no and start using your no in the right places. If we don't say no to others, we are setting ourselves up to say no to God and our family. Look at your life and see who gets your no most of the time.

4 comments:

alli said...

Woo Hoo!! Me too! I'm sayin' "yes!" to saying "no!"

actually, your Ethan story was what challenged me to write my "no" blog.

glad I've got a sistuh like you to hold me accountable on this!

Michelle said...

no, I just won't do that. Ha ha

Anonymous said...

but what if you get offered a trillion dollars that week??:)

No, really I totally agree!

Anonymous said...

what is it about spring that just makes you want to get down and organized? there is something so satisfying in pulling down the calendar...airing out closets unopened for months...balancing the checkbook..things like that.