Thursday, March 29, 2007

My wonderful husband

We have been taking a week to get our home in order. We have been so busy lately that our home has really taken a hit. First we started outdoors, of course (it's by far our favorite). I found a great sale and I was able to buy 40 or so bushes for the yard. The good news was that they were cheap, mature, and will really help our bare landscape. The bad news is that Tim had to use a pick ax to dig 47 holes (big, "mature" holes) in our concrete ground. So far everything is happy and I am really enjoying going around and watching everything grow.

We then went and cleaned a friend's house for a little extra money. It wiped us out so we rested a little more than we should have. Needless to say, yesterday was the deadline for cleaning the inside and at 4pm we still had not started. My sweet husband pushed me out the door, told me to stay with friends, and not to come back until he could finish cleaning the house. He did the whole thing by himself! I can not tell you how overwhelmed I was. There is not a more generous gift in this world. I hate cleaning!

On a funny note...My mom complimented Ethan on his ability to say no when he did not want to do something. He replied that he knew that was important because his mommy did not know how to say no and she was always running from place to place like crazy.

Ah, from the mouth of babes, and I thought I was doing a great job of having boundaries. I guess there are more mountains to climb...

2 comments:

-C said...

Ooh, I've been planting too! Hooray for new growth and dirty fingernails and wonderful husbands. I love when Doug mops our kitchen floor! :)

Michelle said...

Oh, I love it. That is so sweet. And I bet it feels so nice to have your house and yard all lovely like.