t for awhile and then I got on. (I must stop and explain that I am famous for my clumsiness, in fact I was nicknamed Grace in High School by a boy making fun of my total lack of graceful moves) They forgot to tell us that the earlier models of segways have a glitch. Instead of moving forward only when you lean forward, like they are supposed to, they sometimes speed forward when you are trying to turn. Well, I was headed toward a wall and went to turn and, instead, the little machine went barreling forward. I actually climbed one wheel up the wall a ways before I fell off and the segway crashed on top of me. I was mortified. I jumped up (doing some quick protect my image moves) and said I was fine. Well my 30 year old body begged to disagree this morning. I woke up and was not able to move my ankle, back, or shoulder without a good deal of pain. The funny thing is that I keep blaming myself and feeling clumsy and stupid. I have to fight to stop myself and remember that I didn't do anything wrong. I couldn't have known that it was flawed, but embarrassment does the darnedest things to thinking straight.
4 comments:
Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry-I can identify with the pain, embarrassment, and the "prone to clumsiness" feeling. I hate that happened - all of it. Bless your sweet heart!
aww...that's so embarrassing. You are not clumsy, that big bully gravity is just always picking on you :) -michelle rsvp
We have all experienced the horror of some incident like that! A friend of mine was on the treadmill at the gym and thought she paused it, but hadn't. She went to step off and it threw her off the back into the elyptical machines. I wasn't there to help that night, but she said she did the same thing...jumped back on saying. "I'm fine" and manged somehow to run a couple more miles in pain, just to save face.
So sorry about your spill!
I've been there too! X says I'm not very foot conscious!
Post a Comment