Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Breakdance Before God
This morning during quiet time I listened to a Third Day CD. The boys joined me after their quiet time. We sat and listened to a very worshipful song. We were all touched. As I reached over to turn it off a very lively song came on. I couldn't turn it off. I stood clapping and the boys broke into dance on the the bed. We just moved in praise to the Lord. Micah called out, "Look Mom, I am breakdancing." How wonderful! There is such freedom in worship. I loved worshipping watching my children worship with every little thing in them. I hope God frees us all to worship so wholeheartedly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
We wholeheartedly agree to the "move while you're praising" theory. Third Day and Jars of Clay are 2 favorites who really lend themselves toward this type of worship for us. Our kiddos are great examples of uninhibited worship...I admire the fact that they are not concerned with what's the "norm" in our typical church services. Wherever we are, they're so happy to sing loudly (and out of tune often) and clap and boogey - even in the van. I love it, and think God must too. It's from the heart and so real. They are great examples to us, aren't they?
You should see our worship service at our church. It actually sounds very much like what you're describing! It's awesome to have that kind of freedom to wordhip God. It's really fun, too and the kids love it!
Where do you go, Abbey?
We go to Fullness Christian Fellowship www.fullnesscf.org
We love it!
Post a Comment