Well today, in my reading, the children of Israel were miraculously delivered from the hand of Pharaoh. After walking through the Red Sea on dry land and watching God swallow the entire Egyptian army that was pursuing them up into the sea, the Israelites danced and sang of God's amazing power. Then it seems like they almost immediately started to grumble and doubt God's heart toward them. They wondered if He was good and if He could provide for them.
How like my own heart. I have seen God do amazing things over and over in my life and the lives of those around me. Each time my heart sings out with joy and praise. But when the sea billows begin to roll again, doubt creeps in. As my heart and flesh cry out for relief that seems slow in coming, I wonder if God will help. I obviously doubt Him because my actions and despair sing out my disbelief.
What an amazingly patient God to not strike us dead for forgetting.
There is so much plaguing the lives of my friends and family right now. So many areas that are without hope unless God chooses to intervene. I need to remember. To recount all the amazing times God has come in and rescued. I need to praise in the middle of the pain so that I will not give up or lose hope.
Not only can God save, He already has, He is glad to continue, and He will ultimately save us from the enemy in His timing.
Blessed be the name of the Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It seems that we all feel the heaviness. That you for your reminder. Laney always gets so mad that "those Israelites" and I always tell her and remind myself that we are no better. Hopefully more aware and more repentant, but still...
Thank you for your blog. It was what I needed to hear. I enjoy your writing and insight.
Post a Comment