Thursday, January 8, 2009

Be careful little eyes...

T and I were killing some time in the books store and I decided to go up and down every aisle. I have never done that. I just head for the sections I like and enjoy them. But, oh what an education I had.

Maybe you already know this, but I sure did not. My boys are old enough to browse on their own some. I knew to be careful near the marriage section as it contains books about sex with very explicit covers. I had no idea though that the comic section had books with mostly naked women and flirty themes.

Then I found the "romance" section. The covers are suggestive enough, I suppose, and the descriptions inside are eye-opening. On to fiction, fairly safe, right? Well, not really. There is an entire section on erotic fiction with covers that shocked my eyeballs. I can't even imagine what was inside if these were one step up from the romance novels. Next to this was the "adult" comics. These were entirely naked cartoons having sex.

Well, well, well. I love my sweet boys, but I don't think they have the type of discipline it takes to turn away if they accidentally wander into these sections. I mean, they love comics and could pick one up very innocently, getting a whole lot more than they bargained for.

Of course, then there is the magazine section that is covered in real half-naked amazing bodies.

When did my sweet haven become a porn shop?

It was a struggle for my curiosity not to lead me to pick up a naughty novel just to find out what in the world was going on.

Anyway, I just thought I would share so that we can all be careful shepherds of our sheep.

Peace

No comments: