A few days ago I felt like sending out an SOS to all my friends begging for prayer. Some weighty issues had come up and from experience I knew when it rains it pours. Like clock work, as a family and personally, there will be a season of peace and then the sorrows like sea billows will roll in. Both seasons have become like old friends. I can sense the relief when a season of trials is ending and I seem to be able to recognize when a season of rest is coming to an end.
So here I am. Smack dab in the middle of the raging sea. Not only have my days been filled with a thousand annoyances, but some devasting blows have pounded in. Then yesterday I scratched my dad's truck and knocked down the neighbor's mailbox. Today I hit a pothole, damaged the wheel and probably hurt the front end of our only car. We are talking hundreds of dollars looming in the near future. The strange thing is that I feel so much at peace. I know that every season of trials always comes to an end. Usually half of what seemed terrible has faded into a non-memory and the rest always sees the hand of God in some miraculous way. It is an opportunity for an adventure, in a way. A chance to see God in all His glory. To be the damsel in distress and be rescued by the most amazing Knight of them all.
I am learning that joy is sweetened by sorrow. These times of pressing only make the release all the sweeter.
So forgive me for not calling out for prayer. I am calling now. Please pray for direction, provision, and grace. Please pray that our family sees God's redemtion and restoration during this season of Advent. We really need God to invade our family the way His Son invaded the world 2000 years ago. Please pray for our parenting. That we would freely extend grace and acceptance and balance them with tough love.
Thank you so much. It is unbelievable comforting to know that I am not alone in the sea billows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Praying a lot...
Thank you for sharing. I sent out an email to friends this past week needing prayer. I don't think I've ever done that before, but it was amazing the difference I felt when God's people where praying.
So know that I understand where you are and will keep you in prayer.
Praying already, but we'll step it up. I'm sorry it is a hard season, but looking forward to the other side with you.
I love you and am praying. You kept coming to mind yesterday afternoon- I said a prayer for you then, too.
absolutely girl.. please let me know if there is a tangible way I can help as well.. love you sister!
sorry girl :) Love you.
Post a Comment