Summer brings thoughts of the beach and the boys. Every trip to the beach brings the ringing cries begging us to join them in the surf.
Their favorite way to enjoy the surf is holding on to the hands of an adult that can lift them high out of the upcoming onslaught of waves.
"When sorrow like sea billows roll..."
There is a pattern to life with Christ. Not preventing sorrow and trouble, He often allows them to roll in like waves until they are coming quickly and without relent. Before the pain of one recedes another pounds in, cresting over our heads. The stoutest heart trembles in the fury of the storms of life.
But how beautiful is the picture of Christ, with arms outstretched, preventing us from being overwhelmed and swept out to sea. So that no matter how brutal this world is we can say, "It is well with my soul."
1 comment:
I love the wisdom you share from events or happenings that I love so much. We are heading to the beach in 3 days and this is what I will remember! Plus the seafood of course. :)
Post a Comment