Friday, June 6, 2008

The Prayers of Children

I slammed my finger in the door and was left with a fingernail cracked in half and a good bit of blood. It hurt so bad I almost passed out. I really can't remember pain that bad, not even natural childbirth. Something just went very wrong.

The boys rushed to get me ice and pain medicine and pick me up off the floor where I was writhing.

Sitting on the couch, they asked me what they could do. Gasping, I asked them to pray God would take the pain away. E knelt down in front of me and M stood behind me and placed a hand on each shoulder. Immediately, as they prayed, a feeling of numbness flooded over my body and I was so much more comfortable. It was an amazing experience!

It was humbling to see them storm the gates of heaven on my behalf.

4 comments:

Abbey said...

That's awesome isn't it? I love it.
(The prayer... not the finger of course!)

Rachel Garcia, CD(DONA) said...

Wow.. girl.. im telling you what. I pray that we will see those benefits from our boys. I know you are doing such a great job (per the grace of God) in helping those boys become warriors.. how do I know? they only model the behavior they have seen!

hope your finger heals quickly.

Jenn said...

love those boys~how awesome!

Heather said...

good job raising godly boys! I find that kids love to pray especially when it is something they are used to the family doing together! Keep up the good work!