Monday, March 31, 2008

Broken



When we realized how rough and tumbly boys are, T and I would discuss who we thought would break a bone first.

Turns out we were right. Thankfully, it took eight years!

E was playing with two cheerleaders at T's family Easter party. Together they all got the idea that it would be fun to throw the smaller kids in the air. E tried it once and actually landed on his feet. The second time, confidence mounting, they launched him about 10 feet into the air and he promptly landed on his arm. (we know this for sure because another teenager was taking pictures and caught him right as he fell)

So, we ended the day in an after hours clinic, leaving with x-rays and a splint holding two broken bones in place. He broke both bones in his forearm.

We are headed to an orthopedic surgeon this afternoon. I really hope they can set the break without surgery. E is scared that he will never wake up if they put him to sleep.

All this to say, we covet your prayers. He is in a lot of pain and is miserable because he has to stay still.

We are also trying to soothe a somewhat jealous older brother that is going through a needy time of life anyway. I really don't want him following suit just for the attention!

On a lighter note, when asked what my mother could do for him, E went all out and asked her to rent a stroller, give him $1000 and push him through the store for him to shop. This really captures his "it never hurts to ask" attitude. I think that we are just going to go out for lunch instead! :)

5 comments:

Missy said...

I love what he asked for! That is hilarious.

So sorry about the arm. That is no fun, escpecially during the time of year when they want to be oustide all the time. (Logan broke his arm on Fathers Day, when he was turning 4 the next week...Summer time cast, no fun!)

My friend Stace's son broke his arm much like E's recently and it healed beautifully. They are actually the same age. Let that be a comfort.
We will certainly be praying, and for you too Mama!

Abbey said...

Oh no, girl!! Poor thing!
We have (so far) avoided any broken bones, but I do it might be inevitable with multiple growing boys.

I will pray for healing!

Unknown said...

Oh, poor E!

I do love his optimism in his wish though. That made me laugh.

Jennifer said...

I love him. He just makes me smile. I've been praying all morning and afternoon!

alli said...

Wha...?? Bless his heart! Give him big hugs from us!!! He really is a cutie, though.

I'll be calling to see how I can help soon.

LOVE YOU!