Amazing, isn't it! I just don't have anything pressing on my heart right now. We are looking forward to our December off from school, I am trying to get in the mood to decorate, and we are trying to work extra to fluff our budget up some. Sometimes life is neither terrible or exciting.
God has really been working on my heart in the area of pride and repentance. I am realizing that pride is not a sin to be brushed off. Not only is it the root of all sin, but God says in Job that He searches out the prideful to attack them and humble them. He has declared war against the prideful heart. That is terrifying to me because pride is like a cold that lingers. I am always amazed that I can struggle with a low self-esteem and be the most arrogant person I know. Maybe the two do go together, though. Often to feel better about myself, I indulge in the "dear God thank you that I am not like that sinner" game. You know the one where you pick apart everything you see or hear and criticize everything that dares cross your path. Some of this can even be hidden under the guise of "concern". It really has appalled me to get down and dirty with my own soul. To have my eyes opened to the depravity that I am so comfortable with.
Well, hope you are encouraged :)
We are off to the American Village for a lesson on Thanksgiving. I would love to know what you are thankful for this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sometimes it's in those inbetween times - not terrible and not exciting either - that the Lord is like the still air on a calm day. Nothing suffocating me to remind me to come to Him, and no delightful breeze to enjoy and give thanks for. It's times like that, I realize He's wanting me to put into practice the things he taught me during the highs and lows; to be faithful in the little things, to desire Him above all things every day. Psalm 90:14 - "O satisfy us in the morning with Thy lovingkindness, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days."
Are you familiar with the ministry of Revive Our Hearts and the Bible study Seeking Him? It's a wonderful series that brings you face to face with the areas of sin, repentance, forgiveness, etc. I have a link to it on my blog.
Hope you had fun at the Village.
Blessings to you.
I just love your peace on earth pic-so pretty...& the green background of your blog is so peaceful...
oops-I meant to post the above comment on your advent post-oh well...
I haven't stopped by in a while and just reading your words makes me miss you all the more. Pride has been an issue with me lately too and I may just have to blog about that as well. Amazingly ignorant, I thought, I'm not that prideful but wow was I wrong! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment