You know the question you always give and get when you see someone....What's new?
Well, for quite a while now, my answer has been, "not much." When I would stop and think, I really couldn't come up with anything to say. We have been in a wonderful lull. Nothing much new, no real ups or downs, just normal.
I have been learning that life comes in waves, or seasons. When I found myself realizing nothing much was going on, I tried to remember to take a deep breath and enjoy. So many times I get antsy during the quiet times. I want action or change, but I am learning to use the quiet times to store up energy and strength for the rougher seasons that are coming.
God always works in cycles. So it stands to reason that calm cycles with turbulence, which fortunately goes back to calm!
Learning this has not only taught me to rest up during the ups, but to have hope during the downs.
So when T called one morning and shared that he had been in an accident (he is fine), I smiled somewhat inside, took a deep breath, and grabbed hold of God. I knew we were headed for some turmoil. So when the window wipers went out during the only rain we have had in eons and then the heat in the car stopped during our first cold snap, I had to laugh.
The great thing is that I no longer feel like God is picking on me. I used to think He was being merciless when troubles would pile on top of each other. Slowly I am understanding that not only will this season pass, but He has always provided in miraculous ways during these hard seasons.
I'm just waiting for the next poor unsuspecting person to ask, "What's new?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just make sure if someone says, "how are you?" not to answer "nothing". Or if they say, "What are you doing?" not to say "fine." ;) (do you get it?) I'm kidding. Very good blog. I love ya.
You have once been the giver of grace during a turbulent time in my life. God uses many people to fulfull His purpose.
Thank you!
Post a Comment