Is it possible to live a more simple life? Why does it feel like such a fight to change?
These are some of the questions that I have been pondering. If Jesus's burden is light, why am I crushed to the ground and crawling on my belly? How do I stand back up?
Of course the obvious change is saying "no" more and "yes" less. (hey that rhymes, maybe I will make it my chant...Yes is less, yes is less...) I am setting aside weeks to say no so that I will develop the habit of saying no and it will become more common. I have noticed that I am missing out on some fun things. I am losing contact with some really neat people and my children's "portfolio" of activities is not as impressive. On the flip side I am not as tired. I have time for the people God has given to me. My close relationships are deepening. I really don't miss out by not attending all the fun activities (there always seems to be more!). I have more time to think and ponder and I actually have time to pick up my Bible out of delight instead of obligation.
I am learning that we can have it all, just not all at the same time. There is a season for everything under heaven. The key is finding the "fruit" that is in my season right now, and only picking it. Everything else is sour grapes and gives me a stomach ache!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
it rhymes really well if you say
no mo' and yes less
That is fabulous! Let's make a t-shirt!
eek!!!!
Look at the cartoon I just put on my blog!!
hurry!!
I would love to wear that T-shirt! It should be the next blog candy...
Maybe someone sould scrap it on something.
We could make a blog group t-shirt for this season of our lives.
We could add Alli's "reduce excuse" on the end of the phrase. We print it on t-shirt transfer paper and make them for our blog party. I will make the pico and chips and work on the shirts, Jen can bring the cake. I think Kim said she would host....
I'll bring my karaoke machine so we can all sing "stop saying yes, before you break my heart".
Sorry, I can't come. I'm saying no the week of the blog party.
Just kidding.
Post a Comment