Friday, March 2, 2007

Thoughts


"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit." John 12:24
This verse always runs through my head when I am planting seeds, like I was today. We seek comfort in this life, but Jesus made it very clear that the true way to abundant life is to die. How strange is that, and yet in the picture of the seed we can really understand. A seed sitting inside safe and comfortable will always be a seed. The amazing potential that God put in it will never be reached. The seed can complain that God is not using it and that life is just not all that great, but until it falls into the ground, dies, and is buried it will never be anything but a seed. But if it gives up safety and comfort and dies it will bear much fruit and will be living up to all that God intended and it can then receive abundant life. All of the sudden death starts to make a lot more sense.

"His divine power has granted to us everything we need for life and godliness..." I Peter 1:3
No more excuses.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

it's been 4 days... ;)

Graced said...

Since what?

Michelle said...

I want you to blog. I am horrible at updating sometimes, but that's just me. You must blog!!!! or else

or else I'll have to wait until you do :(

By the way I AM kidding, there is no pressure in blog world.