Thursday, March 15, 2007

Common to (wo)man

The more I talk with women, the more I think we are all hiding in the same ways. Have you ever finally broken down out of desperation and let a little truth slip out only to have several women look up shocked and cry, "me too!" Things that I agonize over and I am sure would not be accepted among my friends are often embraced because they are going through the same thing, or they have traveled that path and have some great advise.

Satan is the father of lies. He wants us all to keep secrets and hide ourselves. It hurts our relationships and it keeps us from getting the support and help that the body of Christ should provide. God offers a different way. He says that there is no temptation that is not common among men. He also says that iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. So let's chose a new way. Let's embrace ourselves in all our shortcomings and open up in safe environments. I am sure that we will all grow and be encouraged.

No comments: