Life is such an ebb and flow. There are seasons of peace, almost to the point of boredom and then wham!
We are drowning in three birthdays. Tim is leaving one job and starting a new one. The new job is shift work, so it will be unusual. I am working some to try to pad our money situation. We are revamping everything about our finances (and seeing just how bad some of it is) and we are trying to carve out some time to work in our church and love our neighbors.
Needless to say, I don't like change and I am very stressed.
The blessing is knowing that it will not last forever. This season will pass, just like every other "crazy, I can't survive" situation has. I am learning that so much of our life is about delayed gratification. If I will just hunker down, obey God's direction for my time, and take lots of deep breaths, before I know it, it will be over. On the other side will be the blessings that God has prepared, and I will probably look back and say, "now that wasn't so bad."
One thing that helps is knowing that I am surrounded by people that will give me the grace to stumble my way through this time and will forgive me when I grump, grouse or do a little ear chewing. Thank you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay for forgiveness and understanding! It is so nice to have people you don't have to be perfect around and you can vent some frustrations to.
You are such a nice, pleasant grumpy person I haven't noticed you were stressed, and I'm sorry. I guess I should be more discerning huh? I'm praying during all these exciting and busy changes!
You are so right...it's hard to be still where God has put us for the time being. I've felt the same way for the past six years being in Dallas. Between wanting X to be done with school and being disapointed when he wasn't able to find a teaching job I have to remind myself that God has something better for us in HIS time. In the meanwhile I will do my best to serve Him here.
Thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment