Monday, February 5, 2007

Randy Travis

I love Randy Travis. I don't love all country music, but man, I love Randy Travis. When I was a young teenager I heard a song called, "Forever and Ever, Amen" and fell in love. It is a song about unconditional, unchanging love. It is about loyalty. Answering the question ahead of time, "yes, I will love you no matter what comes and no matter what you look like." It did something inside my insecure heart. I would long for Randy Travis to sing it to me. I wanted that kind of safe love.

This morning Tim and I were playing some songs off of Rhapsody and I pulled this song up, telling him it was one of my favorites from my childhood. As it played, I realized, with many tears, that here I am at 30 and I am loved that way. I do have a man that has answered the question, "Will I love her no matter how bad things, or she, gets?" He has answered with an unwaivering yes.

Girls, that is Amazing Grace.

When I was listening to that song as a teenager, I was living a life that was leading me in the opposite direction from true, dedicated love. God once again redeemed the harlot and blessed her.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

oh I absolutely agree with you...I'm not a country music girl but this song(and almost any randy travis) is so sweet! It was always my favorite too. And praise God...I do have that kind of love also.

Abbey said...

Hey...can I get your email address? I need to send you something secretive...

Abbey said...

If you need to email it to me, so as to not be public, mine is abbeygore@yahoo.com. Thanks!

-C said...

you are so right ... praising God that He has chosen to use our husbands to show us HIS love!