Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Blogging

I must post about blogging. I talked to a fun friend yesterday who admitted her love for blogging and reading posts. She was a bit shy about it since she loves it so much. Then Abbey said on her blog that she gets a little flack about her blogging time, and I, too, am asked the now familiar question, "are you blogging again?"

I have to argue that it is a quick easy way to interact in a community. Women love information about each other and most love to have someone to listen even to the small details of their lives. Since we no longer live in close communities where we can stop and chat over the back fence for a few minutes, I think we have just created a new way to connect.

So here is to blogging! Sharing small details, funnies, bad days, and irritations. Here's to checking other blogs more than once a day to see what little details can be gleaned about our friends. Here's to women that only know each other through blogs, and those of us that keep in touch only through them. Here's to telling the kids to shoo for a few minutes of connection.
Here's to the community of the 21st century.

6 comments:

alli said...

HAHAHAHHA!!

I now feel like I have a responsibility to my peeps.

I'm on it, G. I'm on it!

I just gotta figure outta way to get my kids off my lap while I type. It's taken 30 minutes just to type this message!

seriously.

Michelle said...

true dat!

Anonymous said...

Amen! I'm glad I'm not the only one that checks a couple of times a day! We should post "non SEBC" blogs that we have found just by surfing.

Abbey said...

Amen and Amen.

Love the new page too, by the way.

(Did you get my email?)

Graced said...

Yes, we should keep lists of other blogs. We are not a closed community!!

-C said...

my glass is up ... cheers, ladies.