Tonight I thought I would give you a glimpse into our home. It is very cold outside, the wind-chill factor is 22. We have our gas logs lit and warming the den where Tim and I are sitting. Tim is reading a newsletter about Alabaster and sharing tidbits with me. I am reclining with my laptop and checking emails, blogging, and updating my homeschool journal. The boys are running around the circle (kitchen, library, den...) and are pretending to be spies. They get so caught up in sneaking around, that when they make noise Ethan bursts into belly laughs while Micah declares him to be the worst spy ever. Every once and a while Micah deposits a kiss on my forehead. He is growing up and enjoys "caring" for me as a "protector."
Tomorrow morning will start our hectic routine again, but for tonight all is peaceful and happy. I wish I could bottle these moments and drink them during the middle of the week!
May the God of Peace visit all our homes with His Shalom this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Rebecca! I'm so glad to find you... Although, I'm sure you weren't hard to find and (technically) you found me. I'm just a little retarded about computers, but I LUV blogging and finding old college friends. I love your blog, i read your entries and somehow they slightly mirror mine and Abbey's lives of all BOYS. Look forward to reading some more...
KIM!!!!
So glad to "see" you!
You're right about boy households. They are all very similar.
I love the pictures Virginia took of you. You are endlessly beautiful!
I would love to understand more about where you are living and what you and Quinn are doing.
Yes, we need a bottle of peace! I wonder how much it would cost? Priceless?
Elliya is into kissing lately. So funny because she can make the sound to go with it too!
I imagine that my life will look much like yours in a few years. For now, we're still in the "don't take that from your brother" stage and "mommy, can you put on the jumping music" (w/all cushions off the couch).
Post a Comment