Saturday, January 20, 2007

Middle of the night

I can't sleep and I was wander the web. I thought I would post a funny story from last night. As our family prepared to watch a family movie, Micah was hyper and his mouth was running. At times he struggles with saying everything that pops into his head. We are gently trying to work on this social skill with him. Hey, sometimes I forget to be gentle! Anyway, I was frustrated and I said, "Micah, you do not have to give us a running commentary on your life!" Tim, very tongue in check I might add, said, "No, that's what blogs are for!" I had to laugh. He is still trying to understand the draw. I keep telling him that it is a wonderful way to build community in a world that is very spread apart and way to busy. Anyway, I guess I can better understand Micah's desire to have someone listen and care about the little details. Thank you all for listening to mine!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Here's to a long future of running commentary on our mundane lives...

Graced said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I don't post thinking "who would care about that?" Then I get all excited to see you guys have left comments! Pittiful I know!

-C said...

I used to blog and NO ONE even knew about it ... it was simply my journal, a record of my thoughts and our family's events simply because I didn't want to pick up a pen. Now, people actually leave comments and it's amazing how careful I've become and probably a much better writer about what I write. ;) Cheers to blogging!